Start working with us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Full-Time Director of Development and Community Liaison
This new grant-funded position is an exciting opportunity to work with a Lansing-based nonprofit that provides one-to-one professionally supported mentoring. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the position will work with board members, volunteers, and staff to design and manage a comprehensive fund development program using the Benevon Model for Sustainable Funding. This positon will serve as the primary staff support in fundraising for the Executive Director and Board.
We are seeking candidates with 1-3 years of experience in nonprofit fund development.
- 50% - Community outreach and follow-up with individuals
- 25% - Organize events for current and prospective donors
- 15% - Maintain and build grant funding through research, grant writing and reporting
- 10% - Develop and maintain relationships with local companies to obtain sponsorships, donations and volunteers
- Develop an understanding of, and supervisory capacity for, the Benevon and Bowl For Kids’ Sake programs; and marketing and public relations initiatives
- Manage special mailings, direct mail appeals and newsletters, press releases, videos and other direct communication
- Facilitate donor stewardship, a donor management system and prospect research
- Set and achieve, in close collaboration with the Executive Director, a multi-year and annual agency revenue goals
- Serve as a vital member of the leadership team by staying abreast of agency-wide issues and contribute to the development and achievement of the long-term and short-term operating plans
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree,
- Experience in developing and implementing successful fund development plans,
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Grant writing experience,
- Excellent technology skills across all mediums,
- Knowledge of Lansing area foundations and businesses,
- Experience maintaining a donor database,
- Ability to work independently,
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Routine office environment
- Flexible work hours
- Moderate independent travel
Please provide a resume and a cover letter by June 8, 2018 to 330 Marshall Street, Suite 103 / Lansing, MI 48912 or Human.Resources0196@bbbsmcr.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Interested? Get started here:
For more information about working with us, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org