Start working with us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Marketing and Development Intern
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with public relations management, including writing press releases, compiling media lists and media event support
- Assist with developing social media strategy, including adding additional channels such as LinkedIn and/or Instagram
- Support staff in managing all social media and electronic communication platforms, including email newsletters, website and/or donor database
- Planning and execution of fundraising and community outreach events and presentation
Education and Experience
- Currently in pursuit of an associate, bachelor or graduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, advertising or related field
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Superior writing skills with the ability to adapt voice and tone to different mediums
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Extraordinary creativity and passion for the mission
- Desire to learn and participate
- Strong sense of initiative
- Experience in a fast-paced, high profile environment
- A basic understanding of or a desire to learn concepts related to non-profit organizations, fundraising, and donorcentric communication strategies
- A collaborative attitude with great value for diversity
- Reliable transportation to and from our offices
With seven employees, BBBSMCR values teamwork, creativity and diversity. We're looking for people with bold ideas, a desire to make our community a better place and a willingness to dive in and make things happen. If this is you, please email a cover letter, a resume and three writing samples to Persis.Sopariwala@bbbsmcr.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Please indicated your preferred dates in your cover letter.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Interested? Get started here:
For more information about working with us, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]